Thursday, January 19, 2012

I'm stressed.

Do you ever feel like you have something you need to get off your chest, but you can't quite figure out what exactly is weighing you down so much? Today, I just want to write. I'm feeling inspired. I'm not feeling inspired about anything in particular, though. We'll see what comes out of this.

Lately I've been really stressed with school, ballet, life decisions, things like that. Unfortunately, all this is taking a toll on me. I've been irritable and somewhat depressed for the past week, and it's getting harder and harder to keep my frustration to myself and not lash out at other people. I don't want to be the person who just gets angry at the world because they're upset. It's not your friend's fault, why are you yelling at him? It's not your sister's fault, why are you hitting her? It's not your parents' fault, why are you disrespecting them? Keeping your emotions in check is one of the most important things you will ever learn.
When I was in late elementary and early middle school, I had the worst temper. I would scream and cry and kick everyday. Eventually I had to go on medication. This is something I would never wish on anyone. Having to take medication at age 12 is not something I look back on with fond memories. Those were some of the hardest times for me, which sounds really cliché, but I'm okay with it.
Nowadays if I had that temper, it would be absolutely unacceptable. I would have no friends. In fact, during that time, I had one friend. Keeping my temper in check, even when I'm fed up with calculus or the girl in my class who's talking my ear off, is something I need to do and will always need to do.

Love,
Sarah @)~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message at the beep.