Sunday, May 13, 2012

Ask First

You know what sucks? Being wrongly accused. And I don't just mean crimes you didn't commit, I mean the little things, too. The other day I followed someone's instructions to the T, but it turned out they told me the wrong thing, and I got blamed for it. It just makes you feel really undervalued and untrustworthy. I'm sorry that something bad happened to you, but please, direct the blame where it rightfully belongs.
I know what I'm supposed to do, and I know what I'm not supposed to do. For the most part, I do what I should and don't do what I shouldn't. I mean, I mess up sometimes, but what can I say - I'm human. Yeah, blaming me for the little screw ups that I didn't make is wrong, but I'll get over it pretty quick.
But don't stand there and tell me that I made a major mess. This is something that really irritates me. If you're going to accuse me, or anyone for that matter, about something, have solid evidence. Have a good argument. And for heaven's sake, come and ask me if I did it first! Don't start rumors, don't tell everyone I did some terrible thing I didn't do without telling me to my face. If I did it, I'm not going to lie.
That's what bothers me the most - when someone goes and spreads rumors without even trying all that hard to find the truth. Before I tell someone something concretely, I'm going to make sure it's true. I might say, "it could be" or "it might be" but I'm not going to say "it is" without knowing absolutely sure that it is.
Please, for the sake of the one who potentially wronged you, ask them first. Because one of the worst feelings in the world is having people talk behind your back, and even in front of your face, saying things that are completely untrue and being unable to do anything about it.

Go ask if it's true.

Love,
Sarah @)~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message at the beep.